Sunday, August 07, 2005

to the RevGalBlogPals

So, I've joined the RevGalBlogPals. Hurrah! Frankly, I feel privileged to be read alongside women who post far more frequently and profoundly than I do.

You all have been a real blessing ever since I found you. I love seeing how much you post and comment back and forth, and how overwhelmingly supportive you are of each other. And I've been blessed when you stop by here.

I keep up with Episcopalian/Anglican news (usually a depressing endeavour) and on the site I read most, comments are on a spectrum from partisan to adversarial to vitriolic. This is Thinking Anglicans, whose editors are hardly firebrands, and the situation's clearly gone downhill recently-- the archives aren't nearly as bad. Reading what people have to say over there, I'm frustrated, angry, afraid. What is my church coming to, when all anyone can say to his fellow Anglican is "Get thee behind me, Satan"?

And then I venture one or two links up in my Favorites and hit the RevGals. You all are a breath of fresh air that clears my head and heart.

It's good to be reminded after yet another "he said, he said" story (and I will just note that it is nearly always "he") that life and faith go on. There are funerals to be taken, baptisms to perform, stories of cooking and hiking and child-rearing, and lots of puzzling over and celebrating God's place in our lives. Thanks for being such grounded, wise, women. Thanks for helping keep me real.

8 Comments:

At 5:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEAH

RevGals is refreshing and sometimes disturbingly honest. Praise God :)

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Glad you're among us. I so much enjoy reading your blog (of course that whole Julian thing makes me a tad biased--grin).

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Hooray for RevGalBlogPals!

Nice to "meet" you, Anna. :)

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger reverendmother said...

I just popped over from St. Cass--welcome to the RevGals! I'm in the area as well. You and mibi and I should get together.

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Sue said...

Hooray for the RevGals!

Have you bought the t-shirt yet????

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Anna said...

No, no t-shirt. Most t-shirts look awful on me unless they have a serious scoopneck. But I'll check them out and see.

reverendmother, I'd love to get together some time.

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger kwpershey said...

I'm new to the RGBP's ring too, and I'm finding it is high on the list of things that keep me sane.

Welcome!

 
At 4:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sane? who said anything about sane?

ROFL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home