Thursday, October 20, 2005

Monday Five

So I'm doing the RevGal Monday Five on Thursday. Ah well. Let it never be said I spend all my time blogging-- I wish I could do it more often.

1. What is your favorite word?
This morning? Coffee. In terms of what I think and talk about, hmm. Probably community. A word I never use but love: mistral. It's such a lovely and temperate-sounding name for a freezing, blustery wind.

2. What is your least favorite word?
It's a phrase: "That's a nice idea, but..."

3. What turns you on, creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
Laughter. Snarky comments. Big unexpected grins. People willing to find the humor lurking in nearly situation.

4. What turns you off?
Self-importance and pomposity.

5. What is your favorite curse word?
Fuck. The sharp K at the end lets you channel all sorts of emotions through it. I'd never say "Fuck you", but I do love a good "Fuck" now and then.

6. What sound or noise do you love?
Right now I'm on a massive Arvo Part kick.

7. What sound or noise do you hate?
Cheney's motorcade going underneath my window, morning and evening, EVERY DAMN DAY.

8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
Ballerina, astronaut, president. Oh, seriously? I'd like to try my hand at war reporting.

9. What profession would you not like to do?
Corporate law.

10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
"Well done, thou good and faithful servant" will suit me fine, as long as I get a little wink to show me God knows who I am!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home