Saturday, December 03, 2005

Prayer moment

(Eesh, it's been a month. What a delinquent I am.)

I was praying tonight for cats' son, and somehow, I got around to praying that, whatever his awareness of his illness, that he would know now and in the future that God finds him perfect.

And then I was suddenly overwhelmed by the conviction that, in God's eyes, I am perfect. It was rather staggering. I started crying.

I spend so much time trying to hide my faults or brazen them out. And yet God sees every aspect of who I am and loves me perfectly. In his eyes, by his love, through his grace, I am perfect.

I don't want to work all this out right now. I'm just jotting this moment down so I can come back to it when I need to, remember, and give thanks.

1 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, Blogger Emily said...

That is an overwhelming and precious moment. Blessings!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home